Thread: New Member

Post New Member

Hello all!
    I am a fantasy novelist, hoping one of you talented people would be willing to discuss designing a map for my latest book. I am very much not a cartographer or designer; my art is very much my writing. I am amazed at the maps I have seen in the gallery. I am very much looking forward to working with a cartographer.

Hi Joanna, and welcome to the Guild. If you'd like to make your own map, take a look at the Tutorials area of the forums. There's a thread full of PDF files showing how to make different styles of maps. You could give one or two a try, and you may surprise yourself. This comment's also a useful starting point.

Alternatively, if you'd prefer to commission someone, head for the Mapmaking requests area and post there. I recommend reading this comment first as it outlines the kind of information required. Also, just FYI, you won't be able to use the site's PM feature until you've made five comments, so you'll either need to make a few more comments or provide an email address so that people can reach you.

I hope that's useful, but if you need help with anything, just holler!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hi Joanna, we're very much glad to have you!

Hi Joana and welcome !

If you're looking for help drawing your own map, do not hesitate to post a work in progress, many people will be glad to offer advices and constructive criticism.

If you're looking to hire someone, here again, you'll have a large choice. Let me be the first to propose my services.

You can judge my skills here, here, here, here, here and here.

And here's a link to my DA page with my finished maps.

http://thomrey81.deviantart.com

If you're willing to work with me, shoot me a mail so we can discuss more. Here's my contact : thomrey[at]hotmail[dot]com

Regards.

Thomas

Hi there, Joanna!

I'm a SFF author also! Great to see you. I'm really excited by all the fun worldbuilding ideas and materials floating around here.

Hi! Thank you, that's very helpful! I think I'm going to try my hand at my own, if for nothing else than to show perhaps someone who accepts my commission what I'm looking for.

Wow that's great! Nice to meet you! I'm always happy to meet a fellow writer. Love the worldbuilding help! That's the best part of being a SFF writer.