Really nice map, Arcana,

I have the following small suggestions which are based on trying to give the map a consistent feel (realistic man made objects (houses etc) of all the elements you are using. I kind of like the exaggerated scale of the settlements. If they are important elements to the map-maker then it makes sense to me that their size is exaggerted to draw attention to them.

Roads
If it 'twere me, I would change the roads, as I see the style as out of keeping with the rest of the map. I don't have CC3 (yet!) but I guess it wouldn't be difficult to make the roads look more realistic rather than figurative. making them into a solid path with perhaps a duplicate on top which has a smaller stroke width and a different colour might look good. All the other elements in the map are solid, but the roads are skimpy.

Beach
I guess with the offset / add glow option your choice is to either have beaches all around the Island or not at all rather than beaches in bays and not headlands. I'd do a photoshop job to manually add the beaches in the bays and not the headlands to make the Island look more realistic, but this will take time and be a bit of a faff.

Cheers

Ravs