Thread: The Faded States of Daarken

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another great piece of your outstanding project. How many do you still have to do to map entire world ?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    Really great looking map and I see that ChickPea has already fixed the problem in the title, so I'll just put my feet up and enjoy the map
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Another great piece of your outstanding project. How many do you still have to do to map entire world ?
    If you've seen the google earth image on the previous page you'll see how little of the world is currently mapped in this format. It's taken me 16 months (I started the first map in January 2016) to do 18 maps, and they only cover a small fraction of the world's surface, so I wouldn't even wager a guess as to how long it will take to do the entire world in this level of detail.

And to be honest, once I detail the areas my writing takes place in I doubt I'll spend this long on maps for distant continents unless my writing takes me there and I feel the need to fill in the blanks.

I'll most likely create more generic world maps and one-off maps, as the mood strikes me one I'm finished with these and the Inner Sea 'mega'map' my work is leading towards.