Thread: New DM Saying Hi!

Praise New DM Saying Hi!

Hello Cartographers!

My name is Turtle and I am a DM of about 9 months now. I have completed 2 campaigns of a length of 7 and 12 sessions respectfully. I came to this website looking for tools to help me make my own maps for my campaigns and I fell in love with the beauty and craftsmanship of the work on this site. I have never created a "real" map before (I've done some world building in RPG Maker) and I'd love to get to know all of you and learn what tools you ue to make such beautiful maps. I am currently trying to start a Dungeons and Dragons club on my campus and I want to have all manners of skill sets before I put this club into place. I'm glad to be here and it's nice to meet you all!

~TurtletheBlack

Hi Turtle, and welcome to the Guild.

If you haven't done so already, take a look in the Tutorials area for a whole bunch of mapmaking info. Specifically, this comment is a good starting place. Also, you can download PDF tutorials to try out here. My standard advice to new members is to work through a couple of these tutorials. Even if the map style isn't exactly what you want, working through two or three tutorials will teach you many skills that you can take further on your own.

I hope you can find something to get going, but if you need advice on something specific, start a thread (perhaps in the How Do I? area) and ask your questions. If you've started a map, post it in one of the Work-In-Progress folders.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"