Thread: Looking for software recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Now that is seems I would be best served with Qgis (alternative is Arcgis) + illustrator (alternative is Gimp) i'm looking for tutorials.
    I've looked in the tutorial section and did see anything for non-fantasy mapping with Qgis.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?

***I've done some reading between Arcgis and Qgis, seems that Arcgis can be better is some very complicated cases but Qgis has not liscencing restrictions and is much more responsive in comparison to complaints of long loading times and crashes with Arcgis. Either will work for most users, I already have Qgis installed.

Hi silk186,
    Have you tried any Udemy course? Here's the one I'm planning to choose: Core Spatial Data Analysis: Introductory
    essays about using GIS with R and QGIS. What illustrator are you using?
    Also: What are the steps to export correctly from QGIS to Adobe Illustrator? Thanks.
    Last edited by arthurnottheking; 01-22-2020 at 01:31 AM. Reason: one more question

Default hello

Quote Originally Posted by arthurnottheking View Post
    Hi silk186,
    Have you tried any Udemy course? Here's the one I'm planning to choose: Core Spatial Data Analysis: Introductory
    essays about using GIS with R and QGIS. What illustrator are you using?
    Also: What are the steps to export correctly from QGIS to Adobe Illustrator? Thanks.

Hi! Thank you