Thread: Classic fantasy mapmaking request - continent, provinces and cities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

As someone who tried to make a commission recently (didn't work as planned) I can say that 1000 for the whole thing would be fairly low, even for a semi-professional.
    You should use the [Unpaid] and offer the possibility of a payment instead. Otherwise it's a little misleading in my opinion.
    Some people might accept to do it for free.

I'm not saying that your wrong to ask it but most people will not bother the handwork for such a small pay.
    The city maps are the worst. A well made city, depending on the style, will takes a lot of time to make.

I have seen people sell their product for five dollars.
    It's different. Some works require less work and can be sold to multiple people, like brushes. You can't do that with a world map because they are unique to the world they represent.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    As someone who tried to make a commission recently (didn't work as planned) I can say that 1000 for the whole thing would be fairly low, even for a semi-professional.
    I agree with you and Tonnichiwa, but i would be hesitant to say it will take 1000 at least, before even talk what kind of style the client needs and how detailed the maps should be. I once had commission from a guy who didnt gave me much info to start with so i said it will take around $100. But during the process when a map was half done (in my eyes) the client said its perfect and was ready to pay, though i havent spent much time on it. This was good business for me but usually it is the other way around.

It is very crucial to provide as many details one can to estimate price.

Btw. I know Tonnichiwa you did not want to sound rude or anything, but Evil_DM haven't said anything about how much is he (or she) willing to pay. So i am not sure what trigger this respone.

Cheers
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

I think it was this bit, Voolf:

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_DM View Post
    ...my budget is in the dozens of dollars, not in the 100's or 1000's...