Thread: Classic fantasy mapmaking request - continent, provinces and cities

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yes, as others have said, unless you're extremely fortunate to find an artist who wants to experiment with a new style/genre or whatever, I doubt you would get ANYONE to do what you're asking for the price stated. At best someone may do it for a couple of hundred $$ + a royalty on sold pieces. I was fortunate to strike a deal with one of the cartographers here where we split the profit on sales and unfortunately, neither of us made much money but he did get to experiment with a couple of different styles and try a new kind of map (to him) and I only had the rights to a single document.

If you're not willing to pay the $$ or simply can't afford it, you maybe better off creating your own maps. There are numerous tutorials here and on YouTube along with open source software, such as GIMP for example, that will teach how to create virtually any style of map you may require reasonably quickly and to a publishable standard. The folk here are very generous and positive with their advice, critiques and suggestions to help you on your way. I wish you the best of luck.
    Last edited by damonjynx; 06-15-2017 at 01:58 AM.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps