Tilby,

I have never attempted an isometric map before, but the success of yours inspires me to try! The texture you chose for the walls pleasantly contrasts with that of the floor, giving a distinct separation of vertical and horizontal orientation without pulling the eye away from the main focus. The color and design of the lighter furniture is easily identifiable, and further adds to the overall charm. If I were to change anything it would be the way you have displayed the inside walls. Due to their orientations lining up with the pattern of the flooring it makes it a bit hard to follow in the colored rendering. Perhaps you could offset the texture of the floor 45 degrees or give it a highlight of sorts? Additionally (and this may be due to the abuse I have forced upon my eyes), I would not have guessed those were footlockers at the end of the beds had I not looked at the uncolored rendering. At least for me, the darker shading of the chests, barrels and even the inside of the oven causes some of the detail to get muddy. Perhaps you could add a bit of color to help with contrast? In conclusion, your map is wonderful in providing both the layout and mood of the establishment. It is easy to read as a tavern, and I look forward to seeing the next floor! Thank you for sharing your work.