Thread: Kahael (hand-drawn, experimental)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Vanoitran

Hey we're nice people! *Mouse hastily hides the blaster behind her back*

That's a very interesting map you have there, and pretty nice work considering the materials you have used

Have you thought of using fine liners instead of felt pens? I can't really tell from the image you have uploaded, since I think it is massively compressed? I may just be looking at compression artefacts, but I think I can see a certain furriness about the line work. If I am, then that's what I would call 'bleed' where the felt pen ink is bleeding into the surrounding paper. Maybe a slightly better quality paper and pen set would make the maps you draw considerably clearer and sharper.

I'm not keen on the scratchy marks in the open ground, but you seem to be building a good repertoire of your own symbols.

Overall - nice work

As for the 'mods' - we call them Community Leaders around here, and they're a really great bunch of people - running not just one but two monthly challenges, and doing a whole ton of stuff behind the scenes that most people never even really think about needing to be done. All you have to do if you started a thread in the wrong place is just ask nicely on the thread where the problem is and wait patiently for attention (they're busy people).

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Thanks so much for the response!

I am using a better paper now with more touth (if thats how its spelled). I agree that basic printer paper is kind of a poor material.

The pens I was using were Prismacolor Premier Fine Line Markers; fantastic pens, don't bleed. So if there is fuzziness its either shoddy erasing job or the compression. However, all I did was put the paper onto my scanner and uploaded it. Have any tips on how to deliver a crisper image?

Thanks for all the feedback! I was wondering how the lines would come across, I was hoping they would illustrate a plains feel, but I was worried about the clutter.