Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
OMG! That is just GORGEOUS!

Beautiful composition in the streets as well as a gorgeous drawing of the street corner.

That round doorway reminds me of hobbits
Thank you Mouse I do have a strong affinity for the round door, though it is largely impractical.
And, of course, it is totally inspired by Mr. Tolkien. totally.
Quote Originally Posted by Matthew VE View Post
Wow!! This is amazing! The map is hardly necessary with a drawing like that. How many hours do you think it took you to make this?
Thanks Matthew
Hmmm, i am not sure on the time.... partly due to the fact that I made numerous attempts over some years and so those helped to get this one done.
For the most recent part, i would say maybe 3 days...? maybe. Sometimes I really just don't keep a good track of time.
But, part of it was a good ways from the 2015 work i did. So, it's complicated.
Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
Wow... Your work is so incredible! Absolutely marvelous! (I can't think of anything else to say )
Thanks Josiah
Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
Excellently done, J, as usual. I really like the combination design and layout of this, and so beautifully drawn.
Thank you Chashio
You know I am always trying to find new layouts and ways to put these image/map things together.
Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
Excellent drawing, great texture and feel to it and I love having a map as the background. Awesome!
Thank you Bogie
Quote Originally Posted by fol2dol View Post
Wow again!
Everytime I'm impressed, it's like I can run a game right now with your map, so inspiring!
Chapeau bas, monsieur
Hehe, well, I have some stuff you could add to a game.
I really need to finish up the city map for Gilgenny.
très apprécié Robin
Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
What can we say? It's just beautiful! The low angle that gives this air of majesty to the tower ... incredible. And the rendering of shadows and lights is magnificent! The map in the background offers a whole other reading, a presence, a depth ... it is a great idea! So inspiring!
Thank you JO
There's a lot of irony in my work. Maybe not the subject matter, but definitely the circumstances.
I started at the bottom and worked up, but it was just a random thing. I didn't actually plan for it to be majestic.
I suppose it is an accidental side effect of that randomness.