Thread: Atlas of Thersis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is wonderfully awesome, Naima! I just love this map, it has so much in it (shape lands, details, colors, composition, sea topo...).
    And since you're asking... but please, this is just beyond nitpicking : we can slightly guess the adding of the map on the book background, the borders of the map being still a bit different of the paper of the book. Maybe a light fading?
    Anyway, this is gorgeous and inspiring!

Thankyou guys ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    This is wonderfully awesome, Naima! I just love this map, it has so much in it (shape lands, details, colors, composition, sea topo...).
    And since you're asking... but please, this is just beyond nitpicking : we can slightly guess the adding of the map on the book background, the borders of the map being still a bit different of the paper of the book. Maybe a light fading?
    Anyway, this is gorgeous and inspiring!
    Not sure what you mean by borders of the map , you refer to the checkered border?
    On the other hand I wanted to try to make the pages of the book a little different , I remember when I was little to have checked some old books in my Grandpa home , old books that I liked like "readers digest" or "atlases" and since I was always picking them up and opening in the same page those were used ,the book tended to be more loose and consumed, sometimes some pages could be a little detached and ofsetted from the central binding and the pages themselves have a slightly hard paper look... probably not a book from the 900 may be more from the 50s but still something old to me ^^. So I added some different dirt and spots on the pages.