Thread: Earthsea Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why yes, we are....

But sadly the Guild of Thieves has been known to walk among us from time to time.

There's a way of finding out if your maps are appearing anywhere else on the web. You can use a Google image search. Do this by searching for any old thing as an image, then click the little camera icon at the right end of the search bar and follow the instructions. It means you have to upload a copy of the map you are searching for, but it doesn't go anywhere. Google uses it to compare with millions of other online images to return a page of similar images for you to look at.

You'll probably find a lot of things have been pinned, but sometimes you find something else has happened to an image that you definitely aren't happy about, and really didn't know was happening.

EDIT: for example, I just searched for Thunder Falls by uploading it to a Google image search, and discovered (to my delight in this case, since I openly gave this map to the community by saying as much when I uploaded it to the Finished Maps forum) that it has already been tweeted once, and Pinned 8 times in the space of about a month.

What isn't so great, however, is if this happens to a map you only wanted to show for comments about suggested improvements, while intending to release to the public at a later date as part of a promo, or to sell it for profit (as I understand Francesca does - selling framed prints of her lovely work online)
    Last edited by Mouse; 08-11-2017 at 11:06 AM.