Hello! You can refer to me as Glyph.

So, for about a month now I've been browsing and looking into how to make maps. I actually started seriously considering making my own map about... oh, maybe a couple of months ago. But I didn't know where to start. Previously I had a map generator that would generate maps with names and such - but then I started realizing that... that's not how I want my maps to look. So I looked into software to make maps. I bought one (it's kinda glitchy, so I don't use it much - but it had a good premise). I ended up unhappy with that, and I looked harder. Found another program. Ended up being glitchy and not something I'd buy (it was a free trial).

I then looked into how to do things in Photoshop CS5, and found a few video tutorials, but for some reason or another the tutorials just didn't look "right" for my map. So I'm on a mission to improve my skills and work on how to best make a map that fits with what I like. It's been rough, but hopefully I'll be posting a WIP soon of what I've made to get some much-needed feedback to figure out what I ought to be doing.

It's been a journey, and hopefully it's a journey that I will continue to improve on - with the help of critique and a community that has been inspiring me for the short while I've been at this.