Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starting Points and the Journey.

Aw, TG - so many years of mapping ahead of you

EDIT: Ninja'd by D - I really am getting slooooow in my owld age! LOL! Love ya too D
    Last edited by Mouse; 09-30-2017 at 06:39 PM.

LOL... old jokes aside, this is still a great discussion. It's interesting to see the journeys people take to get where they are. For me, this is a journey taken twice, once as a writer, once as a mapmaker. It tells me that no one is too old, or too young, to start something new. And age doesn't matter with the people here, either... everyone is treated with respect. It tends to be that way when we all share a common interest
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

For sure, ladie. I've said it before, but it always bears repeating: I have NEVER seen any online community as respectful and as helpful and just all-around great as this one.

Viva La Guild!

*wildly waves her mapping stulys in the air* VIVA LA GUILD!!!!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

I am just getting started with map making. I am starting to hand drawn my very first map! I want it to look really good, but obviously I will gain experience over time. Don't have much of a story right now, but hoping to make lots of maps for absolutely no reason for years to come!

lol... been there, and am there Worcestor! I actually came here to get better at making my Larysia campaign maps. I haven't touched my Larysia campaign in about 9 months! I really need to get back to that.

But that doesn't mean I'm not mapping! I can't tell you how many challenges I've entered, I'm working on a commission map for someone else, I have two other campaigns that I've started mapping, each one making me better at mapping in general.

But once I finish the current challenge, and the 3(4? 5?) maps I'm currently working on, I'm going to take a break from public mapping, and finally work through the comprehensive strategy guide for the program I'm using (known to cc3'ers as the Tome of Ultimate Mapping!) I still haven't finished!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Quote Originally Posted by Worcestor View Post
    I am just getting started with map making. I am starting to hand drawn my very first map! I want it to look really good, but obviously I will gain experience over time. Don't have much of a story right now, but hoping to make lots of maps for absolutely no reason for years to come!
    I'm generally an anxious person when posting personal stuff in communities, but - this community is one of the best I've seen. Everyone is so friendly, and most importantly: you will actually get feedback to help you improve. In my first thread I've gotten a lot of feedback to help me with my future projects. It's important to remember that, everyone starts someone. And it's why I started this thread. Because it's important for people like us (new to cartography) to see we aren't alone in being not the best when starting out. Even awesome creators had to start someone.

Even if you aren't that confident in your work, I highly suggest you post in the WIP side of the site. Because if something is wrong, you want to know right away - not when you actually finish the map. I've received valuable feedback, and I'm excited for more feedback as I keep posting my work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123