Thread: Anyone heard of "CC2" ???

Question Anyone heard of "CC2" ???

Hello to all; I am posting the question because, please believe me, I have searched my entire HD and come up empty, and I have spent a total of 23 hours searching the web, and cannot find anything that seems to match;
    While I was recently cleaning out my HD, I found a folder in my primary C: directory named CC2; Investigating it showed that in the folder were 2 .txt files (named "license for Universal Update" and "Readme CC2-Pro UU V6"), and folders named Backup, Examples, Symbols, System, Templates, and Tutorials; A great deal of the contents of the folders seem to be related to drawing, specifically mapping; But the irony is that I cannot seem to find A) Any kind of executable program that makes use of all of this stuff, or B) Any kind of actual name for the program that makes use of all of this stuff;
    I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me what this program is (or was) before I go ahead and delete it in ignorance, because the total size of the CC2 folder in my C: Drive is 28+ GB; I'd rather not delete something like that without knowing for sure what it is or was first;
    Any help would be much appreciated;

Most likely, that's Campaign Cartographer 2 from ProFantasy. The current revision is Campaign Cartographer 3+ as seen at http://www.profantasy.com (if you're interested). The executable should have been named fcw32.exe and there should be a fair number of DLLs associated with it. Unfortunately, CC2 doesn't tend to play well with modern Windows versions like Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

Blog Entries

Is there any compatibility between CC2 files and CC3+ ?

CC3+ should be able to read any CC2 files. It also has an upgrade tool for modifying the CC2 files to use CC3+ features. CC2 can't correctly read a CC3+ file, though.

The technical uglies are that they are both FastCAD-format files, but CC3+ adds a whole lot of new entities that CC2 won't know what to do with. CC3+ also adds some new semantics for some older entities that won't work in CC2. CC2 should load a CC3+ file, but it will miss the new elements entirely.

Blog Entries

I thought that if there were 28Gb of files that are useless without it and if CC3+ would be able to use them in some ways then Gamewolf would do well to get CC3+ and reignite them into usefulness. As CC3+ seems to be compatible that sounds like a good way forward. 28Gb seems like a lot to me but with the names quoted it sounds like none of it is user generated content. So if running through those dirs you come across stuff that you think is useful old work then getting CC3+ sounds like it ought to work. Otherwise maybe its essentially cruft that Gamewolf would obtain new versions of if you bought CC3+.

Based on what you have posted, Waldronate is correct. You have folders for Campaign Cartographer 2 Pro. Although, with 28gig of stuff, there should be an executable file in there somewhere I would think. I purchased cc3+, and even with all the add ons I have, (DD3, CD3, some of the symbol sets, Bogie's Mapping Objects, the CSUAC, and Vyntiri's maping symbols) I don't think I have 28gigs worth of stuff...

Actually, I just looked, and I have 22gigs of stuff with cc3+. But then I also have 2 other programs, plus a lot of other add ons.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Default Thankyou all!

Thanks to all of you who responded; I have finally found the little bugger hidden in a folder on my HD I don't even remember creating; I swear I have no idea why I would have moved the executable to one folder, and zipped all of my mapwork and moved it to another folder entirely, and left the rest of the program's folders and files where they were originally installed, but apparrently that's what I did.
    Thanks again!

glad we could help!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds a bit iffy? I'm absolutely certain that had I accidentally installed Campaign Cartographer and produced 28GB of content I may have probably noticed. I'd certainly have remembered the software package I'd used.

I predict a car chase, a brief and inappropriate relationship and a punch-up in a basement full of steam pipes.