Thread: [WIP] World of Aduhr

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by NadirtheFox View Post
    Hi there! (And sorry for bad english...)
    I just wanted to say that i have been watching your thread for quite some time (even before I was a member of this forum) and I find it very inspiring And I have to say that I just love the amount of detail and thought you put into this world (Also I think I am a bit jeaous about your tectonics model. I wish I can do something comparable!)
    I will be patiently waiting for an update

Nadir
    Good to hear that someone besides myself finds this interesting!

I took a bit of a hiatus from mapping after finishing up Akanrias (although I'm slowly getting back to the map), so it's going to be a while until the next update, since there's a lot more stuff to cover in Central Eocidar. Also, the region in general is in a more unfinished state than what Akanrias was when I switched to the present 22-level topography. I'd give an estimate, but since my estimates tend to be horribly off, I think I'll refrain from doing so .
    Last edited by Charerg; 10-10-2017 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charerg View Post
    Good to hear that someone besides myself finds this interesting!
    I hope that's just modesty... you have more than one fan around here... I am another one.

On another topic - 22-levels of topography is a lot. I had 23 at a point and found out that it is too much. You will make your mountainous areas "too fat" with that many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    I hope that's just modesty... you have more than one fan around here... I am another one.

On another topic - 22-levels of topography is a lot. I had 23 at a point and found out that it is too much. You will make your mountainous areas "too fat" with that many levels.
    Oh, I know there's a small community of tectonics weirdos (as I think you put it once) around here, but it's always nice to see some newcomers .

And you're right, 22 is a lot of levels. What I'm kind of planning is skimping a little on the detail (I think I have a tendency to go for too pixel-perfect in any case), but having more layers, which should make the overall look fairly good. Although some of those high elevation levels are probably going to be fairly marginal.