Thread: The Mother Vale - A Stonepunk Fantasy Setting

Wip The Mother Vale - A Stonepunk Fantasy Setting

Hey all,

I've been focusing on historical cartography from the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries for the past year or so and need a little license to get silly and digital again.

To that end, I'm messing around with a stonepunk fantasy setting populated with Bronze Age city-states, Neanderthal cavemen, ancient aliens atop ziggurats, vengeful nature spirits, and dinosaurs.

Here's a few hours of work just messing around with landforms and art direction from tonight.

MotherVale-Map-WIP-01.jpg

This isn't a priority project for me, so we'll see what comes from it.
    Current Project: The Low Countries & Their Periphery, c. 1584

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

Messing around with some design features and faction iconography.

This is a much different, simpler, black and white affair than my other fantasy dieselpunk setting: the factions are clearly demarcated and few in number so players can be more easily able to recognize them.

Still playing around with it and the names.

MotherVale-Map-WIP-02.jpg
    Current Project: The Low Countries & Their Periphery, c. 1584

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

I like the colors and the icons. The coastline is a bit too geometrical right now, it should be more uneven.