Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oct/Nov Lite Mapping Challenge: Spyrmenchi Island

lol Bogie!

Sue, I'm not sure I can... I think it's doing that because I enlarged the border a bit, then beveled it to make the frame. There may be something I can do... I will look into it.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Ummm...

How about doing it the other way, and selecting everything that isn't the frame and scaling it down just an incy wincy bit till the text isn't touching the frame at the top?

lol... way ahead of you. That's what I was planning to do.
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

well, I tried to change the size of what's inside my border, and something messed up somewhere, and when I tried to bring up my last unchanged fcw, I accidentally saved the messed up change, and now cc3+ is messed up, and won't open. Ralf, Mark and I are trying to chase things down and fix it... but I may have to do a complete uninstall/reinstall, which is going to take time.

Which means, this map is going to have to be declared complete as is.
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

Oh dear!

I've had to reinstall CC3+ a couple of times - but no more often than I've had to reinstall GIMP, KRITA or any of the other apps I use. Its not so difficult, and you won't lose anything important if you trust in your helpers

Don't worry, Storm. It looks great the way it is, and most people who vote on challenges have usually read the threads along the way, so they will know the intention was there because you've just explained it.

Its not like you didn't try to do the final adjustment

I'm coming up for air on my own map to poke around in the other threads, and oh no! I sympathize with your technical snafu, Ladiestorm. Hope you get things worked out as painlessly as possible...

I'm hoping to also. I hope I don't have to do a complete reinstall, but I guess I've been lucky, because if I have to, it will be for the first time. The only thing I'm upset about, is all the addons I will have to reinstall! CC3+, CD3, DD3, SS's 1,2&3, The CSUAC, Bogie's Mapping Objects, The Vintyri Collection and the Dundjinni Archives, not to mention the symbols and textures people have made for me, or sent to me.

Thankfully, all of my .fcw's are already stored on my external hard drive, along with backups of almost everything. Plus, this is forcing me into a much needed break to organize my files and things, and clean up the laptop. So, it should be good.
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    The only thing I'm upset about, is all the addons I will have to reinstall! <SNIP> The CSUAC, Bogie's Mapping Objects, The Vintyri Collection and the Dundjinni Archives
    This applies not only to ladiestorm but also to any CC3+ user who has to do a reinstall, which unfortunately needs to be done rather frequently by some users.

If you have to reinstall, it should not be necessary to reinstall any of these Vintyri add-ons (unless, of course, one erases the entire (Data folders)\Profantasy\CC3Plus folder).

It probably will be necessary to reinstall some or all of the ProFantasy add-ons because they make entries in the Windows registry; the Vintyri add-ons do not. However, to make things work, after everything else has been finished, do this:

1) Run CC3+ Update 13 again, even if you already have done so.

2) Run the file menu_recovery.bat in the folder (Data Folders)\Profantasy\CC3Plus.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Ouch! I hate having to re-install something!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234