Thread: November 2017 Challenge: Hunters Fall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Omri

I'm a bit pressed for time right now, but just dropped by with an idea on how to make the mountains work a little better with the ground colour.

If you look at the thumbnail the transition between blue and brown is really quite sudden, even though you have already blended it a little. I would consider mixing the two in a slightly different way - by having streaks of the brown fading away up into the lower slopes of the mountains, and some of the mountain blue streaking into and fading out in the flats. Not such a horizontal blur line, but a jagged interlocking pattern - not too regular. Feel the mingling of the colours....

Probably not describing it very well, but I'll drop by later and see if I can understand my own suggestion

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Hi Omri

I'm a bit pressed for time right now, but just dropped by with an idea on how to make the mountains work a little better with the ground colour.

If you look at the thumbnail the transition between blue and brown is really quite sudden, even though you have already blended it a little. I would consider mixing the two in a slightly different way - by having streaks of the brown fading away up into the lower slopes of the mountains, and some of the mountain blue streaking into and fading out in the flats. Not such a horizontal blur line, but a jagged interlocking pattern - not too regular. Feel the mingling of the colours....

Probably not describing it very well, but I'll drop by later and see if I can understand my own suggestion

This an attempt at that.

### Latest WIP ###
    HuntersFall_blend1_byOmri.jpeg

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19