Thread: November 2017 Challenge: Hunters Fall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hey XCali!

This is turning out to be a really cool map! In fact, there's only one suggestion I can make.

If you were working in CC3+, I would tell you a light glow effect behind your labels would make them stand out a bit more. But you aren't using cc3+ (I don't think), so all I can tell you is that your black lettering is kind of fading into your bluish grays and your browns... with the exception of the fancy lettering for Hunter's Fall. Now someone with perfect eyesight may not see a difference... but someone like me, who's vision either gives me ghost images, or fade outs (if colors blend too well), I can't really see your labels all that much. With the simple, thin line lettering, they need something to help them stand out, just a bit.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Discuss Labels tweak ;)

Hi, everyone,

This time, I just tweaked the labels a bit. So, here are two versions of it. I would appreciate if you tell me which one works best.

Now comes the crazy part:

I only have fragments of the next three days to alter anything on this map. I'm leaving for the holidays on Thursday morning and then I'm completely away from my Desktop PC to alter anything from this map. So, any suggestions, if there are any, must come in the next few days.

Thank you so much for the feedback and encouragement so far! I really appreciate it. *High Five*

Here are the two versions:

### Latest WIP ###
    HuntersFall_Lables_blue_byOmri.jpeg

HuntersFall_lighter_byOmri.jpeg

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19