Thread: Best method for interior/dungeon maps?

Default Best method for interior/dungeon maps?

I'm DMimg my first session this weekend and I need to make at least a couple of dungeon maps. We're playing tabletop and I would like something close to the way the grid on Roll20 works. I'm trying to avoid hand-drawing everything on graph paper. I don't need anything elaborate, just something to keep track of movement in battle.

I have Photoshop CS2, which is my favored program as I've been using it for many years (I started with PS7 waaay back in the 90s), Krita, and Painttool SAI. Any suggestions? I've gone through the tutorial section about 25+ pages but there is always the chance I missed something.

Blog Entries

First port of call is to go through the finished maps thumbnails and see if there are a couple of maps that would suit you and that you could adapt for your play. Dungeon maps in particular tend to be somewhat universal.

Thanks for the idea! I tired checking the finished maps, and I got a message saying I need to be a Guild Member before I can view the page. I want to get us ported over to Roll20 but for now I might just have to settle for hand drawing a couple of maps.

Blog Entries

Oh yes sorry ! You need to make 5 posts to make it past the initiation stage which is there to stop spamming. Post up your w/e D&D session maps when your done playing them and then you will be good to look at the finished maps and other thumbnail libraries.

I've figured out how to set up the grid in Photoshop so it will align with the grid on Roll20. It was a simple fix, I can't believe it took me twenty years to learn how to change the grid spacing.

I sense a tutorial being added to my already full plate.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I want to make a library of buildings so i can drag and drip on grid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk