Thread: Hello

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Hello

I hope to make maps, but out of stamps kind of. New to this, but learning to DM with my son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And must admit what people have here is way beyond my level. I don’t even know where to post?

Welcome DyasAlure ! Don't be intimidated by the maps posted here, everybody started small and to go up, you just gotta try If I had two advices, search for tutorials, find a map you like and try to mimic it's style. With time, your own style will gently settle in.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Welcome DyasAlure ! Don't be intimidated by the maps posted here, everybody started small and to go up, you just gotta try If I had two advices, search for tutorials, find a map you like and try to mimic it's style. With time, your own style will gently settle in.
    I love grid maps that look like zelda. The silly trees, and rounded houses. I wish there was a program that you could just pit down assets. And than i could add assets i make or find here.

Quote Originally Posted by DyasAlure View Post
    I love grid maps that look like zelda. The silly trees, and rounded houses. I wish there was a program that you could just pit down assets. And than i could add assets i make or find here.

Well i just started drawing a map. Pencil and paper seemed easier. Were do i put maps I’m working on to show off / get help?

There are programs kind of like you described. Inkarnate ( https://inkarnate.com/ ) is kind of one like that. At the same time, you may want to learn to create your own assets so you get a unique, personalized style. I think maps always feel better when you can't recognize a stock asset. A lot of maps made in programs like the linked look the same unless people get creative with assets.

Quote Originally Posted by DyasAlure View Post
    Well i just started drawing a map. Pencil and paper seemed easier. Were do i put maps I’m working on to show off / get help?
    You can post in one of these sub forums, here, depending on what type of map you feel it is... https://www.cartographersguild.com/f...splay.php?f=30
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram