Thread: 17 - White Hill [Azelor]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sorry can't find him

(That's really ironic considering I can usually see all kinds of accidental animals in other people's maps )

This is just gorgeous work, Azelor

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Sorry can't find him

(That's really ironic considering I can usually see all kinds of accidental animals in other people's maps )

This is just gorgeous work, Azelor
    I also have that tendency. It can really ruin a map because once you saw it once, you can never unsee it.

LOL! I see him now

For some reason I was looking for something a lot smaller, and totally scanned right over the top of him without noticing!

Its a gorgeous map, Azelor, but I'm waiting for you to put it in Finished Maps before I rep...

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    I also have that tendency. It can really ruin a map because once you saw it once, you can never unsee it.
    Fear not - I have solved the riddle of why it happens (well I have for me anyway). It happens where there are two similarly sized circles, be they craters or lakes or something else, and my brain very unhelpfully chirps up with "Eyes! I see eyes!", and the facial features just suddenly appear. So all I have to do now when I glimpse two circles in a map is consciously switch off the pattern recognition thing, and I'm ok then

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    LOL! I see him now

For some reason I was looking for something a lot smaller, and totally scanned right over the top of him without noticing!

Its a gorgeous map, Azelor, but I'm waiting for you to put it in Finished Maps before I rep...

Fear not - I have solved the riddle of why it happens (well I have for me anyway). It happens where there are two similarly sized circles, be they craters or lakes or something else, and my brain very unhelpfully chirps up with "Eyes! I see eyes!", and the facial features just suddenly appear. So all I have to do now when I glimpse two circles in a map is consciously switch off the pattern recognition thing, and I'm ok then
    I still not see it!
    Unless he polymorphed himself into a dragon, in which case I know
    Last edited by fol2dol; 12-05-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fol2dol View Post
    I still not see it!
    Unless he polymorphed himself into a dragon...
    Wally has always been a dragon. Unfortunately I don't see his reference drawing in any of the reference materials we have organized here. So it's buried somewhere in that 51 page sticky.

Edit: found him on a totally different thread: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...l=1#post330070
    Last edited by Falconius; 12-05-2017 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Wally has always been a dragon. Unfortunately I don't see his reference drawing in any of the reference materials we have organized here. So it's buried somewhere in that 51 page sticky.

Edit: found him on a totally different thread: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...l=1#post330070
    And I was like, where's Wally/Waldo/Charlie (in french). I was looking for a guy waving at me
    So I did hide a wally-like dragon in one of my old challenge map without knowing it
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...3&d=1467116205

And I was like, where's Wally/Waldo/Charlie (in french). I was looking for a guy waving at me
    So I did hide a wally-like dragon in one of my old challenge map without knowing it
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...3&d=1467116205
    Haha, nice map, your Wally looks pretty predatory. That town looks screwed.

I still not see it!
    Unless he polymorphed himself into a dragon, in which case he's under the wall tower with the number 7
    Yes, that's him.
    Last edited by Azélor; 12-05-2017 at 03:51 PM.