Thread: [Tutorial] Using GPlates to model continental drift

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert

Thank you so much! This is so helpful and easy to understand, I only wish you had of posted it earlier. It took me a long time to figure out this much on my own with the lack of good tutorials and I'm still lost on how to find the ridges and oceanic crust so I'm really excited for the next part because I have all but given up on figuring it out on my own...

This couldn't have come at a better time.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Thank you so much! This is so helpful and easy to understand, I only wish you had of posted it earlier. It took me a long time to figure out this much on my own with the lack of good tutorials and I'm still lost on how to find the ridges and oceanic crust so I'm really excited for the next part because I have all but given up on figuring it out on my own...

This couldn't have come at a better time.
    Actually some of your troubles were kind of useful when writing the tutorial. It's been a few years since I learned the basics myself, so I've totally forgotten the kind of hurdles I came across as a beginner, and would have totally missed the stuff about Notepad++ and saving as .rot, if I was just writing this from my own "point of view", so to speak. So one might say that your suffering wasn't entirely in vain .