Thread: New here!

Default New here!

Hello,
    Just want to say hi.
    I am new here, but have been drawing maps since I was 5 and a professional cartographer for over 30 years.
    My main focus is "hand drawn plausible fictitious maps". I post every other day to Instagram @artimaps

Blazing_Stars - Copy_s.jpg

Hi- glad you joined us! One of your specialties might make a good monthly challenge - the ‘biographical maps’ you’ve done with features based on or named for elements of a person’s life.

We have much we can learn from your wealth of output, and its imaginative basis. I hope you can draw inspiration from what you see Guilders doing too! Thank you for placing substantive content right in your intro post - that would be worth a smidgen of reputation even if it weren’t a great city map.
    Last edited by jbgibson; 12-23-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Welcome to the forums (from another newbie)!
    And damn that's a nice city map... even though I can unfortunatly not read arabic (or persian?). I'd give some rep, but I can't at my mobile phone I'll try to remember to do that when I wake up tomorrow.

Hey,
    I’m impressed at the intricacy of this map, especially as a hand drawn work. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
    Collaborative Storytelling and Worldbuilding
    Freeform fantasy and sci-fi
    www.LostPathway.com

Welcome to the guild Artimaps.
    That is hell of a city here. Great job. If you want to hear more from others about your maps, post them in Finished Maps section (more pople check that subforum).
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Post New here

Greetings all.
    I'd like to learn how to make better maps for my role-playing sessions. Been making them for years but I'd like to add character and color to make them stand out.
    Looking forward to sharing my work and getting input from the community.

-Ilus