Thread: Atlas of Thersis - By Naima

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh... Makes sense...
    We all wish to create, but do we really create?
    What we draw and what we write is part of us.
    No we do not create, we simply discover who we are.
    **My maps have copyrights**

Wow, that is a truly impressive feat! I love how taking the map of the real world and just slightly shifting things can create something feeling entirely different and somehow well-known at the same time! I love your reasoning on how cultures might be changed by the way the land lies. I have made some maps myself based on stories I write and like to consider the lay of the land as well, when determining cultures.

Thankyou all very much , I tend to distract on other projects one in a while and sometime sI need to relearn stuff ...
    Thanks all again for all the nice commens and appreciation.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

The text says 5,986 x 10^24 kg - is the comma intended there rather than a decimal? That would be 5.986 x 10^27 kg, more than the mass of Jupiter.

Guild Member Facebook Connected woodb3kmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vareck Bostrom View Post
    The text says 5,986 x 10^24 kg - is the comma intended there rather than a decimal? That would be 5.986 x 10^27 kg, more than the mass of Jupiter.
    That's actually a decimal comma, which many languages use instead of a decimal point. Naima is, presumably, a native speaker of one of those languages (namely Italian), so the intended reading is, in fact, 5.986 x 10^24 kg (as it would be written in English).
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    The trouble is that publicity is awfully difficult to make into a stew without a great deal of marinating, and I've never managed to pay a water bill with it
    "Your utilities bill for this month is £37"
    "But look, there's a book on Amazon with my name in the credits!"
    "That'll be £37 please."

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by woodb3kmaster View Post
    That's actually a decimal comma, which many languages use instead of a decimal point. Naima is, presumably, a native speaker of one of those languages (namely Italian), so the intended reading is, in fact, 5.986 x 10^24 kg (as it would be written in English).
    That seems to be mixed then, as axial tilt uses a decimal (24.1º) rather than the expected (24,1º)?