Thread: I'm a cartographer now, right?

Default I'm a cartographer now, right?

Hello!

This is my obligatory introductory post. I've lurked here very mildly - just to grab some tutorials and the occasional pointer, but I figured I may as well join up for real. I've got a few simple maps under my belt and I'm always looking to improve and learn new tricks. I mostly use them for tabletop RPGs or forum-based nation roleplaying/worldbuilding. I'm getting used to my new Wacom tablet and figuring out digital mediums. I use GIMP for all my digital projects, and occasionally work with pencil and ink.

I have a few goals; the first is to simply be a better illustrator and learn how to put my imagination on the canvas. The second is to study real geography to make the placement of terrain features on my maps more realistic/plausible. I figure I can't go wrong picking up tips on the guild. Learning is a never-ending process!

Hi Aristo and welcome (officially!) Glad you've finally signed up and look forward to seeing some of your maps. If you need help with anything, just ask.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Absolutely we’re Happy you’re here for real now. Welcome aboard