Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WIP of Carcosa

That's a very beautiful map indeed

I haven't been following this thread. I wish I had found it sooner.

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That is really awesome, on many levels: great work of art, amazingly easy to read and interpret, and very cool backstory and info. If this was an RPG module or setting, I'd buy it in a second.

I did notice that you've got the same info on Sinistre & Destre listed twice - is one of those just a place-holder?
    I'm actually planning on typing up all of the worldbuilding and homebrewing Ive done so far and giving it away, because it is the setting of my D&D campaign! It's going so well in fact that several people in my group have expressed interest in using the same setting for their turns at DMing (possibly political intrigue/metropolis campaign and wild west campaign, respectively)

It is just a placeholder, I was seeing if the info should be used in columns and rows like that. I think I'm going to resize the border, so theres more negative space around the country, and keep it in one row/column instead of stacked like it is

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Huge work, here ! Congratulations !

All is so neat, precise and clean. And a lot of work for the background too...

Again : contratulations !
    Thank you very much! I've been working very hard on this, and I've learned a lot in the process

Guild Apprentice

Another progress shot! Coming along, and I started on a border for the key/legend

Not as complete as the raw file is, still some errors and minor fixes I've already replaced, but this is the gist of it
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is really cool. A very inspired and well executed map. I think there are still some lakes in the lower half needing to be named, but you are probably on that. Also, I think I would personally prefer a more subdued border color scheme than in the last WIP; maybe something in between that and the previous more subtle one? Just my preference though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123