Thread: Newbie Introduction

Info Newbie Introduction

Hi there, everyone! I just started writing a fantasy novel (I am an amateur, btw). Not sure if I will see this project through to it's end or not, but nevertheless, I wanted to do a proper 'world-building' and so decided to create a map (maps help a lot in setting up a proper world and keep it consistent throughout the story). Thus, after crawling through the internet, digging into some websites and blasting my way through some forums I ended up here. So here I am, good folks! Enlighten me in the art of cartography.

Quote Originally Posted by Dibyo Dutta View Post
    Hi there, everyone! I just started writing a fantasy novel (I am an amateur, btw). Not sure if I will see this project through to it's end or not, but nevertheless, I wanted to do a proper 'world-building' and so decided to create a map (maps help a lot in setting up a proper world and keep it consistent throughout the story). Thus, after crawling through the internet, digging into some websites and blasting my way through some forums I ended up here. So here I am, good folks! Enlighten me in the art of cartography.
    Congratulations on your writing and good luck.

I agree with you on maps being included in a story, as it helps keep the reader more attentive.