Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ascilian

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Nice subtle palette, with very light colors and few (but beautiful) details.... congratulations !
    Thanks, Joel!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map, Greg ! I love this kind of color palette. Everything is very harmonious and well balanced.
    Thanks, Ilanthar. Well I think we have similar tastes when it comes to palettes.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    The wind roses are gorgeous, the land shapes top notch and the overall map is very elegant. A perfect example of sobriety
    Hahaha, thanks, Thomas.

I originally designed the wind roses as a compass rose, then switched it up because I thought it worked better.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    That's one heck of a subtle palette, Greg! It looks great (: I really love how soft this map looks, and the city icons are very nice too! I also like how you've done the crater/circle of mountains near Moféond in the south-western part of the map. It blends right in with the rest, and still stands out enough to be noticeable (:
    Cheers, Dan! I always love these faded palettes and I'm pleased you like the subtle details I threw in.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
    Clean and beautiful. Great job!
    Thanks, Francesca!

Nice map, I'm loving the clean and light feel.

I seem to have neglected to comment on this, so let me rectify that by saying it's a beautiful map. I love the delicate colour palette.

I think there's a tiny boo-boo with the label for Tan'go. It looks like it's been duplicated, then moved a couple of pixels. That aside, the labelling is very well done. The whole thing is gorgeous!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Here's a recent piece I was commissioned to do. The pitch was pretty flexible and gave me plenty of freedom with the world design surrounding the basic lore and ideas.

The world was supposed to have been blighted by a devil who appeared in the physical plane and ravaged most of the land 200 years ago. Huge oceans now separate the land and now most of the population live on the central continent, although remnants of the war and the old civilization outstretch onto the outer lands.

Attachment 104173

Hope you like it!
    The subtlty of the colour palette is amazing. I especially like the hint of burnt paper you used around the interior of the land masses, it adds a perfect sense of solidity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12