Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with regional fantasy map

I love the rift! Interested to see how you develop it further. What's the brown-ish area just above Vernay?
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Apprentice

Glad to see this updated! The rift has definitely improved, although like Thomas said I think it needs to be blended more.

Ooh, geode-mountains will be difficult but very worth it! I don't think I've seen many examples of that around, but if I can find any I'll link them for you. Btw, I still think your colors are gorgeous, very well-chosen. The saturation works well to differentiate all the disparate parts of the map.

Thanks again for your input and your encouragement. I'll definitely work on the blending and post another photo as soon as I'm done.

In regards to that gorgeous dark area above Vernay, it's just a marker for what is to become a red forest. haha. I know it looks horrible right now, but I just couldn't get it to look right. Eventually I gave up and decided to try again another time

Maybe add a few bits of magma glow at the bottom of the chasm to clarify the "hellish depths" aspect?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12