Convincing myself to get up and do the shading has been slow going, but here's a small progress update with coloring for forests and mountains (plus shading for the latter). The seasonal differences on the Isle of Grace should be pretty apparent now; I was a bit of two minds on having my mountain shading for the map also reflect the differing fixed times of day - while it seems like a cool detail, the transition zone in the east/west middle (where it's permanent noon or midnight respectively) still kinda needs shading for the mountains to look nicer, so I put it on an arbitrary side there which makes it overall a little less consistent in feel. So I'm still deciding whether to actually have the eastern mountains be shaded for morning light direction in contrast to the rest of the map that uses the other shade direction, the effect of which you can see in the current WIP.

Speaking of which:

MarshOfTime2.jpg

Bear in mind that the answer to 'how are there forests and plants and so on when the seasons and times of day are fixed to one value' and related questions about the Isle of Grace's ecosystems will always be to not think too hard about it .