Thread: Hello, from new member me (cliftonprince)

Default Hello, from new member me (cliftonprince)

Howdy:

I'm Clifton Prince, and I'm not a cartographer. Not really, anyway. I think this website has been a go-to resource for me for several different reasons on several different past occasions, so I've known about it for some time and I've read some of the FAQs and other discussions, off and on. But I finally decided to bite the bullet and give over my registration details because I'm embarking on a more specific longer-term task, of world-creating for purposes of fantasy and sci-fi oriented writing. I do creative writing as my "second career" (I'm also an attorney, which frankly is not half as interesting) and have decided to try my hand at some fantasy and/or science fiction based on worlds, and MAPS! (of course) that I create. So, that's why I'm here, nominally. I don't think I'm likely to post many maps by myself, or, if I do, I won't expect that they be appreciated as digital art or as completed long-term projects, since that's not exactly my field.

Hmm, wait a minute, and come to think of it, I do paint in water-color sometimes (look me up at wetcanvas.com! same user-name!) maybe I'll do some hand-made maps some time ... ya never know ...

Glad to be here! Thanks for approving my membership application.

Hello Clifton

Maybe the way to go is to paint a map rather than try to change both your media and style to something else?

I would be most interested to see how that goes, since I am also a painter and writer (oil on canvas in my case)

But whether you paint it or go entirely digital, welcome to the Guild

EDIT: I'm sorry - I couldn't see any of your work at wetcanvas.com The site wouldn't let me search for your name because I'm not a member.
    Last edited by Mouse; 02-11-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks for your reply, but, you wouldn't have found any art-work at wetcanvas.com anyway. Didn't mean to be misleading that way, sorry. I'm just a discussion addict. If you're a painter, you might enjoy the discussions there too! It's a very very large community, subdivided mostly by medium, so that you can find people working with the same material constraints that you're working on or with. I find it very helpful, and encouraging. Looking forward to more of the same here at Cartographer's Guild ...