Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maps from a campaign

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I like that kind of map/illustration

sewer-map-color.jpg

Not from this particular campaign, but I dug up a map I made last year. It was a steampunky sewer that included some machinery the PCs had to manipulate or risk drowning in a flood. Also, the central chamber contained a tentacled monster in the pool (of course).

The inset views are a very nice idea! It's nice to see you set expanding.

The PCs had a mission to sabotage the villains' dam, which was harnessing elemental energies and using them to create new warforged.

Dam.jpg

They also had a quick stop at a Japanese-style fort.

oriental-fort.jpg

I know the style is all over the place, but I'm always trying out new stuff, to see what works better, looks better, and is quicker to do. Always learning.

Case in point, another style change here... and I've made two versions of the map.

oriental-street-day.jpg

oriental-street-night.jpg

I'm slowly developing a new pantheon and each deity will come with a map of their temple. This temple is based on the real-life Pantheon (in Rome), though it has exits and stairs and columns on all four sides. The four 'bits' in the corners are the upper floor rooms. The temple is dedicated to a deity of life and nature, hence the fountain at the centre.

temple-01.jpg

And here's one I've just whipped up. This one is for a dwarven deity, so it represents an enlarged mead hall with multiple hearths. Good for weddings and parties.

These last two are basically WIPs, but I'll add textures and finalize colours and other details in the final stages - once I have all the different temples.

It never ocurred to me to use 'square brushes' in Photoshop until today, for this map. Combined with grid baselines, it is really easy to sketch up and draw a basic map like this. Took me about an hour.

temple-02.jpg

This temple is dedicated to the God of Justice, therefore it is configured (and also doubles) as a courthouse. The priests function as judges. Or, this map (much like the previous one) doesn't have to be a temple, and it's really a courthouse.

temple-03.jpg

This one is for the Lord of Protection, so it's built as a fort. The left-side is the ground floor. I'm thinking of adding another level (cellars) later on.

temple-04.jpg

I couldn't wait to do this one; it is a temple to the Deity of Death. Includes a crematorium and below-ground catacombs.

temple-05.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12