Thread: Ahoy there Mateys - Captain Alice here!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Info Ahoy there Mateys - Captain Alice here!

Hello everyone

Alice here from Mini Map-Makers and Silver7 Mapping, 2 of my companies based in the UK!
    I am a professional Cartographer with background in geology. worked for the last 18 years in both. Silver7 Mapping started 10 years ago! and Mini Map-Makers - last April.
    I have worked as a cartographer for oil companies, UK Councils, Crown Estate, Foreign Governments and urban Planners - so a huge mix and now I am entering to the education realm?!!!
    I have had success so far - taught over 450 students (ages 4-7 year olds) all about maps (Captain Alice)..
    I am also ont he Council for the British Cartographic Society, trying to get it into the 21st century! I have recently been elected to head up the Education Committee, so busy working on setting that up. I ran the educational Workshop Restless Earth for 3 years (so far since 2011- weve taught 16,500 students!)- visiting schools around the UK and teaching them Cartographic Skills - Geography exams require them to know and makes up around 9-12% of their exam at age 16!
    last but not least i am an editor for the Maplines magazine.

busy busy!

so check out what i am all about at the following websites - they both need bits of work to them and am waiting on an old map colleague!
    www.minimapmakers.co.uk
    www.silver7mapping.co.uk

Cheers
    Alice

Guild Apprentice

Hey Alice, welcome. Wow, that's a stunning development in map making. Can't await to see your art!

Blog Entries

Hi there , also a gis background
    But using ISIS3 and GRASS & GDAL for planets , moons/minor bodies ,and asteroids in the solar system
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---