Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feb / Mar '18 Light Challenge: Marwels Tirwedh

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Very cool, the relief effct is stunning. The non centered titles bother me however they catch my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Tenia View Post
    Very cool, the relief effct is stunning. The non centered titles bother me however they catch my eyes
    Thanks Tenia! I hope the label positioning isn't too annoying, if I had been planning ahead more I might have found a better way to do the labelling. Coming up with names is something I really hate doing, here I used names from a few different generators to hopefully give some hits of different cultures in different regions of the map but I'm not sure if that's noticeable or not.

Here is where I've gotten to now. If there are any more comments or suggestions I'd love to hear them! (If mouse checks in I'm sure she is going to hate me using metallic borders and label backs again!)

### Latest WIP ###
    world1b6.png

That turned out nicely. Only recommendation I have would be to go with a more clearly defined bevel on your border, rather than the fuzzy one you currently have.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

The grungy oceans are a distinct improvement. Much easier on the eye.

The bevel effect on the text works okay for the larger text, but I'm not sold on it for the smaller textual labels in the upper area. Maybe a smaller bevel for smaller text?

Thanks for the suggestions, I hope this looks better now I've tweaked it. I'm not sure if I'm going to do more to this one or leave it as is.

### Latest WIP ###
    world1b6.png

Guild Apprentice

That's very nice.

Well, it looks great as is.

Quote Originally Posted by kenan View Post
    That's very nice.
    Thanks Kenan, your map seems to be coming along nicely too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Well, it looks great as is.
    Thanks Bogie. The problem is I'm never sure when to leave alone. Like now I could go crazy with labelling the mountains and seas/oceans, then think about trying to add borders and nation names. I'm not sure if that's going to make things too cluttered and messy.

I can't leave things alone (or find a new map I want to start on) so I added a compass to this one.

### Latest WIP ###
    world1b6.png

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12