Thread: Feb / Mar '18 Light Challenge: Continent of Domela

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by mixerbach View Post

Neyasha:
    You may have read that that was not my first attempt at those mountains. No, it was more like the third or fourth try. I swear that the mountains stump me every time!
    That being said, I wanted to say that the difference between the mountains and the rest of the map is not a complete accident. I had rather hoped that it would provide a nice contrast to have the mountains so sharp, while other elements took a softer tone. But after reading your comment, I'm wondering if the "nice contrast" I wanted is reading more like a "clashy mismatch!" Regardless, you've given me something to consider, so thank you!
    I have to admit that to me it was some kind of "clashy mismatch". But now, with the other elements added, the mountain ridges don't look like a mismatch any longer and they blend in nicely. And I really like the forests!
    Now my only critic is that to my eyes "Cleag Prax" is a bit difficult to read - perhaps the shadows blend in too well with the mountains. Maybe a white instead of a grey shadow would provide a better contrast?
    Last edited by Neyasha; 03-11-2018 at 11:19 AM.