Thread: Unknown Lands (WIP)

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Default Unknown Lands (WIP)

Hi! So, a little while ago I did a practice map (it helps if I tell myself they're all just practice!) and I had gotten a fair bit into it when I realized I hadn't thought about labeling. I decided to do the labels after the fact, making this (I think?) the first pen and ink map I've done that I have started to paint and work on digitally. Because I hadn't named any places, I posted it on Twitter asking for people to add some names to the locations on the map and I'd totally love to hear if anyone here wants to add a name or two to the features.

Let me know if there's a name you want to see attached to something here. There's lots of forests, a mountain range, plains, hills. You'll probably notice things I don't! I will add the place names as I work along. For now, here's my start with colouring the border of the map. I'm thinking I might try to do all the little circles in blue… The forests are just blocking so far, I'll paint them up with some varied colours once I get them outlined.

UnknownLands.jpg

So, I'd love to hear your ideas for place names, and of course any critique on the rest of it. Ooh, and the whole place could use a name too, like a title for the map, if anyone is so bold… If you contribute something I'll add your name to the credits once it's all done.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
    Meshon

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Wow. Next time I will definitely leave more space between the little circles. I think I was just trying to fill up space originally, I hadn't planned on painting them. That's why it's practice!

UnknownLands.jpg

Cheers,
    Meshon

Glad to see you further this one