Thread: Tales of Eyria (World building)

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Filipe Passos-Coelho's Avatar

Default Tales of Eyria (World building)

Hello,

Lovely to meet you all
    My name is Filipe, a boring engineer who decided to revive a childhood project that has been dormant for more than a decade.
    I would like to invite you to visit my fantasy project Tales of Eyria.

ToE is a high fantasy world I am creating with different cultures, religions and people, and where one of the many Tales will take place.
    The main source is the Wordpress blog, yet all updates are shared on the Facebook page.
    ToE is located somewhere between a LOTR and GOT in terms of hard/soft fantasy, with some steampunk elements.
    I pretend to design the world to be the "background" for one of Eyria's tales, a 7-novel long opus.

As a secondary objective, I would like to develop a world interesting enough to spur other people's creativity.
    Maybe it is a DM who runs a story arc in the treacherous sands of Dunakor!
    Or perhaps an illustrator will use their talent to capture the grandeur of the temples Manthos Agaria, Hrulgatharian capital.
    And even a story of a fabled character in Eyria being told by someone else!
    What to create the wings to let the project fly wherever it wills to.

I am brand new to the map making and would probably like to work with someone experienced to help me cartography this world in the making.
    There will be a fair bit to be done, so let me know if I can tease your interest.

Looking forward to meeting you and discussing this passion of mine!

All the best,
    Filipe

www.talesofeyria.wordpress.com
    https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfEyria/

Welcome to the Guild!

are the books already been written or are a work in progress?

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Filipe Passos-Coelho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    Welcome to the Guild!

are the books already been written or are a work in progress?
    Hi Azelor.
    They are a work in progress. The main story flow has been competed and, on the side of building the world, I am planning the more granular steps. Personally I think approaching a project like this without a plan/map will make it too complicated to resolve in good time and with the least amount of plot holes. However, the worldbuilding is what is taking most of my time, as I also believe that our (ours, our parents, country...) past and the environment we live in will influence us a lot.
    Hope that helps.