Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maps for a pair of Norse saga novels

Gorgeous work, very harmonious and easy to read .

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter onez's Avatar

They look great!
    Nice linework!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Gorgeous work, very harmonious and easy to read .
    Thanks Ilanthar, glad you feel that way as it was one of the challenges here with a crowded map, many labels and B&W.

Quote Originally Posted by onez View Post
    They look great!
    Nice linework!
    Thanks onez

You're getting quite a lot of your maps into books it would seem

These are great Thomas. I did have some difficulty determining the land/water at first but then when I recognised the Jutland peninsula I was able to follow them quite well. I like the larger map of Europe, with the names of the Dnister and Dnieper rivers.

Incidentally I once read a 'theory' that Asgard was located around the eastern Black Sea region during the Ice Age, and that it was bordered by ice to the north and the Caucasus to the south. When the ice began to melt the people migrated, probably with the herds, and followed the rivers Don, Dnieper and Volga north. The ones who reached Scandinavia became the Norsemen, the tales of the old land of Asgard passed down the generations and became legend. I always liked this theory and planned to look further into it.

Anyway ace work with the maps Thomas 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    You're getting quite a lot of your maps into books it would seem

These are great Thomas. I did have some difficulty determining the land/water at first but then when I recognised the Jutland peninsula I was able to follow them quite well. I like the larger map of Europe, with the names of the Dnister and Dnieper rivers.

Incidentally I once read a 'theory' that Asgard was located around the eastern Black Sea region during the Ice Age, and that it was bordered by ice to the north and the Caucasus to the south. When the ice began to melt the people migrated, probably with the herds, and followed the rivers Don, Dnieper and Volga north. The ones who reached Scandinavia became the Norsemen, the tales of the old land of Asgard passed down the generations and became legend. I always liked this theory and planned to look further into it.

Anyway ace work with the maps Thomas ��
    Sorry Straf, I completely forgot to answer your kind comment, thanks a lot for that Yeah, I've been contacted by some writers but not all my book maps end up printed, that's the game. B&W maps with few sea tend to be that way. The great dilemma between the "sea squiggles" and the "radial waves" and as I refuse to generate my radial waves digitally, drawing them is a pain in the donkey so I often go for sea squiggles.

The Gods time Europe surprised me a bit but was fun to draw ! And I like that idea of a world before the world too. About the Ice Age coasts, look for the link in this week's round-up by ChickPea, it's enlightening even if it gets the Mediterranean wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12