Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
Thank you. This is precisely what I wanted. That sort of color has a faded tinge to it that I like and I just wanted a name for it.
Awesome, glad I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
They're all so incredibly cute ! As a watercolorist too you have all my admiration for your greens : always the harder part for me to pick the appropriate one for my traditional maps.
I would be totally unable to explain why but I think I have a crush for the Island of Morin : maybe the sea, the boat, the touch of red ? And love the uncommon color scheme of the Land of Lazari too. But to be honest, it would be a hard time to select just one since every single one has something special I really like
Thanks, Misty! I appreciate your kind comments (and the rep). I too have a hard time choosing the colors, and that's one of the purposes for these small scale samples. However, for some reason, I find it much easier to do it with watercolor than digitally. But getting the right colors is really strange. I sometimes find myself looking at a map (most often one of Francesca Baerald's ), and it has those beautiful colors which I want to replicate, but then I start dissecting it and I go like: "No, it can't be... Should I really paint the water grey?" or "I thought grass was green... I'm sure that shade of brown won't look good on my map...". So, yeah, experimenting goes a long way...