Thread: Favorite Paper Stores

Default Favorite Paper Stores

I really want to print out copies of fantasy maps for my players but I want them more realistic. So, where would you go to get parchment or scroll like paper to put a map on?

This is for individual sized maps, not a huge party map.

Guild Journeyer

Huh, I don't know where you can buy any type of parchment paper. If you do, I would then be concerned about being able to run it through a printer too.

I would probably look to just use a parchment background (there are several tutorials on how to make your own or you can find many online). You can use some of the techniques in this tutorial I put together for making torn edge parchment. But this is then for creating an image to use as your background. I don't know if you could run this "paper" through a printer either. But, you could printer you map, then age it (tea stain) and treat it this way after the fact and you might get what you want.

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=38383

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Parchment paper that is useable in a printer can be bought at Office Depot in the USA. That is where I get mine from. I was able to get around 100 sheets for about $18.00 USD.

I would check at artists' supply shops, or if you have a university near you that has art or architecture programs, try their bookstore.

They usually have a lot of different types of paper in different colors, textures, and thicknesses, and can definitely help you find something suitable.

They usually come in very large sizes, but you could have the shop employees cut them down to whatever size you need, and then have your maps printed on them (or draw on the paper, however you're doing it).