Quote Originally Posted by AlfansosRevenge View Post
The amount of detail here is quite impressive. All of the textures are so visually interesting, and it's easy to just let the eyes roam around the map. Excellent work!
Thanks Alfanso
Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
I can't help but I immediatly spotted the only mountain with a lighther shadow

It's a very fine map with lot of different things to examinate closely. It's also a cool idea to have an evolving map.
I had to look around but I found the one you spoke of. I'll have to fix that.
Quote Originally Posted by Suplex View Post
This is fantastic, I love the sheer amount of detail that went into all of the locations, and the abstract design for the edges of the map works really well!
Thank you Suplex
Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
Such fascinating details and I also like the idea of an evolving map!
I love "Night" - it somehow reminds me of Schloss Horok in Ende's "Neverending Story" (as it is illustrated in the book; not the movie version).
Thanks Neyasha
Ah, I see what you mean. Just looked that up.
Maybe the author was inspired by that.
Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
The outside filler must have taken you a year, John! Astounding!
Thanks Adfor
it did take a long time.
Quote Originally Posted by Tonquani View Post
Amazing textures John! As Adfor said, the sea must have taken you absolutely ages!
Thanks Tonquani It took about half the time of the piece.
Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
Yes, another gem from John. I would love to see that background being done in speed painting
Hehe. Thanks Voolf
I do sometimes wish I had videos of me painting and drawing... but I have no desire to actually do it.
Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
Creepy, and brilliant...!! I have the feeling that you and the author were totally on the same page, and that you were a great team ! Hope we'll see the other maps in the future !
Hehe, yes, we were.
You will see them, but it follows his publishing deadline... so it might be a while