Thread: Theia revisited - Climate check (WIP)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sorry to hear it was a rough setup - my directions do assume a bit of Python and command-line familiarity (I'm guessing installing the Pillow dependency was one of the stumbling blocks?). Anything in particular that took a lot to figure out? I could add some tips or an FAQ section to the readme for the script.

As for the map colors the script is designed to let you write up a little text file (like in the format you duplicated in your post for precipitation values, which looks like my default precipitation color profile) and use the optional arguments (--tempprof=<filename> and/or --precprof=<filename>) to specify those custom files that define different color categories and what value (for temperature/precipitation) each color corresponds to, instead of using the color categories for input that the script defaults to. That way you wouldn't need to change the colors of the different precipitation/temperature bands of your existing maps (if I'm understanding what you mean correctly). The one issue here is that the 'transparent category' for precipitation can't be done in this way (yet; I think I can and should fix that).

You can also make a color profile for the output too (the repository includes a couple samples, including the one corresponding to what the script uses by default), if you wanted a specific color scheme for the Köppen categories (then use the file by running the script with the optional --outprof=<filename> argument).
    Last edited by AzureWings; 08-06-2018 at 06:52 PM. Reason: clarity re: modifiable output colors