Thread: City of Eastport

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Wip

Thanks for all the advice!
    I cleaned up the layout a bit, especially the walls. On the note of the castle being bigger, I guess it's my bad for using the term 'castle' in the first place when I intended for it to be a keep/fort. Also, not to sound lazy, but historical/functional accuracy wasn't really at the forefront of my mind when designing this (I guess I'll deal with the repercussions of that). I also labeled the neighborhoods.

Anyway, here's an updated layout:
    Eastport Walls.jpg

Guild Apprentice

very impressive! Not only (I forgot to mention) was the origional very well done (I know I sounded pretty harsh with my notes. Bad habit of mine) and this is looking incredible! Very realistic and looks like it could hold it's own in an attack. Also, nice touch on the roads. Some people make the mistake of a gridline system (not realistic and kinda boring anyways) but you did av ery good job at your road placement. It looks very realistic.

Guild Apprentice

Any advice is good advice for me at this point, since this is the largest city map I've done up to this point. So, thanks

Guild Apprentice

Wip

I've begun to put in some buildings. I started small with just the market area to make sure I like the style. I might add more detail to the buildings later, but I want to keep it simple for now. I also finalized the docks, added hills where I wanted them, and marked where the legend will end up being. The hills could be improved, but I don't know anything about shading so they'll do for now.
    Eastport Sample Buildings.jpg