Thread: Manzil, a desert town

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just post your WiPs whenever. I think people appreciate more incremental posts more anyway as you get a better look at people's process and can learn from it.

I think it would be worth doing a little path to the front door of each building like you've done with some of them. It will make the buildings all feel more connected to the village road network in my opinion.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Guild Apprentice ARockabillyRhino's Avatar

Thanks Larb!

I was thinking the same thing. Those pathways were testing the look out, and I agree that they help with cohesion.

I finished the bazaar and like the look of it, and have spent the last two hours figuring out how to draw trees. I'm half way through coloring the river, and will post a progress pic when I'm done with that ( so it doesn't look toooo half-baked).

I have the next few days off work so expect a lot of updates!

Guild Apprentice ARockabillyRhino's Avatar

Hu-Tin_City_02.jpg

Update for the night:

Finished the bazaar (I really like how it turned out), flatted the river, and did initial flatting of the road. I added the background color to the rest of the map, but it isn't anything final, white was just hurting my eyes.
    I added some rocks and painted those, which hopefully adds to the desert vibes. Also spent about three hours trying to draw palm trees (who knew this would be the hardest part!). I forgot to hide the prototypes so you can see them in the north east corner.

The north west corner looks pretty barren (it is where I am drawing all my prototypes). This is because I am planning on putting the legend there.

Let me know what y'all think, this is my first time hand painting anything, so I could use advice!
    Last edited by ARockabillyRhino; 09-20-2018 at 04:24 PM. Reason: double post