Thread: City of Ignotus - Sci-Fi/Fantasy Map Commission

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Hey GrimJudge,

Thanks for posting that request! A quick heads up: $100 is pretty low for a city map, especially if that price includes the copyrights. People tend to spend dozens, sometimes hundreds of hours laboriously creating a map, and $100 just isn't a fair compensation for all that work. However, I'm talking about somewhat larger maps (A5 and up, or roughly 4 megapixels and larger). It might just be you're looking for a way smaller map, a bit like the example you posted, in which case the price might just be right.

Can you give some more information about how big/small you would like the map to be? Either in metric units, imperial units or pixels?
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

I appreciate the advice, and I could definitely up it to $200 if need be, but any more than that and I'd be toying with the limit of my budget a little. Ill be sure to update my post with this in mind now. Regarding further details though, I'm pretty ignorant in how map design works (Make that almost totally ignorant), so I wouldn't be much help as I don't exactly know what I want totally either.