Thread: CC3+ Update 18

Default CC3+ Update 18

Hi all

This is just a quick note to let any CC3+users (who don't already know about it) know that there's a new update available from your registration page.

Here's the blog article with a few details of what's new
    Last edited by Mouse; 10-23-2018 at 02:08 PM.

However, be careful about installing it immediately. There are some users having trouble with CD3 and DD3 after running Update 18. We have CC3+ on two computers. Strangely, we can duplicate the problems on one PC and not on the other.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Any chance that I can get you to share a crash address for the update? I haven't been able to reproduce the problem on my end.

I've seen the comments on the PF forum, but I can't reproduce it either - sorry Waldronate. Maybe one or the other of the 2 users who've raised the point might be able to help?

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Any chance that I can get you to share a crash address for the update? I haven't been able to reproduce the problem on my end.
    Right now, I can't reproduce it either. The same things that caused a crash yesterday on one of two machines don't do it today. Puzzling, because nothing has changed, been installed, uninstalled. etc. And there was a reboot after the update installation. I got the crashes only because a Vintyri user who runs CC3+ reported his problem to me and wanted to know if I had it too. Otherwise I would have known nothing about this at all.

Sorry, Joe. I know that's no help at all. But if it comes again, I'll pass the information on to you.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oliva View Post
    Sorry, Joe. I know that's no help at all. But if it comes again, I'll pass the information on to you.
    Actually, I think it was helpful. The major change in this release was a rebuild with VS2017 and packing its redistributables into the installer. I understand that the way that the redistributables were handled starting in VS2015 is different than in previous versions and it's possible that the OS needed to do some cleanup to get everything settled properly. So far, everyone who's been reporting the crash seems to find it resolved by a reboot. Unfortunate and it should need to do that, but I'll be happy if that's all there is to it. VS2017 does a whole lot of things better than VS2013 (the previous compiler used) and I'm much happier to be able to use VS2017 rather than VS2013 for almost everything.

Just 'cause I'm curious, I installed CC3+ with CD3 and DD3 temporarily on my wife's computer and then the new update. I didn't try it with CD3, but with DD3 the same problem occurred as already discussed. I then rebooted and tried again. Everything worked fine. So I think this confirms Joe's remarks above.

After that I uninstalled it all because my wife wouldn't be pleased finding "your junk" on her computer. She never has used her PC and never will to make a map. That, of course, eliminated all possible problems with CC3+ on her machine but doesn't contribute much to Joe's research.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Thank you for taking the time to do that check, Mark.

This update has now been superseded by update 19.