Thread: Province of Terinnon and the Abrecan Islands

Guild Novice

Default Province of Terinnon and the Abrecan Islands

Despite my failure to post anything for (erm) years, I have worked on my mapping skills. Currently, I'm on an acrylic kick because I got a bunch of canvas and paints for cheap. So far I've made two and am considering if I should make digital versions of either. I've already decided to make a more stylized version of the province, so any digital work that gets put on my plate will have to be done after that.

Anyways, I'd love to hear what you guys think about these.

Forinternet.png

forinternet2.png

Guild Novice

This looks really good! I especially enjoy The Abrecan Islands. I've always liked multiple bigger islands like Sardinia and Corsica or New Zealand and the eastern islands remind me of those.

The compass rose and the text labels would look better if they'd blend a bit with the canvas texture below them. That way they would appear more as part of the painting, rather than so obviously software added elements.

Guild Novice

@ The King of Nipples: Thanks for the feedback, I too love islands. It was fun to work with the different blues of the water.

@Ghostman: Yeah, I tend to forget all about compasses and legends, so I just awkwardly paste them on before posting. I might try to paint them on my next acrylic piece.

styleterinnon.png

Here's the stylized version I've worked up. The towns don't have names, I was just experimenting where it made sense for them to be built. I think one of the main things I need to do next time is use the black pen last, that way the white wont lighten it.