Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: November 2018 Challenge: The Shattering of Ixantar's Gate

"Alright, It seems pretty quiet so while you climb up top and plant that rod I'll investigate the gate. As soon as you return we can begin."

I got some color in place for the portal and anchors. As you can see something is happening now. Maybe someone should keep an eye on those large crystalline statues embedded in the cavern walls?

I'm am wondering if I should tone down the climber in the foreground? Is it too crisp? I think I'm happy with how it turned out considering humans are hard to draw. I guess that practice is panning out.

Even tho I may not have much more time for this during November I am trying to up my game so constructive criticism and or suggestions are welcome.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 11-30-2018 at 07:04 PM. Reason: tiny adjustment to image
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Warily Jax moved deeper into the cavern leaving behind the collapsed rubble containing the shattered remains of a crystalline figure. As he approached the central structure dominating the room a blue glow began to build.
    As the center orb began to pulse with the intensity of a lightning bolt the brightness drowned out the torch in his hand and he thought to extinguish it. That idea was quickly forgotten when he realized the electric glow was also coming from several crystalline figures embedded in the rock walls throughout the cavern...

I've added light reflecting on the surrounding surfaces and I can't stop tweaking and tweaking. I'm almost hopeful I won't be able to mess with it next week as I really should move on to something else.
    I'm mostly concerned with perspective and if I'm capturing that "oh my gosh what have we gotten ourselves into" feeling.

I'm calling this good for now. Unless I have one of those middle of the night ideas...you know what I mean.

### Latest WIP ###
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 11-30-2018 at 07:04 PM. Reason: correcting bad idioma. Italics
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Oh, oh ! This touch of light raises the whole piece at a different level !

Damn, this looks cool as hell. I love the shade of blue against the overall darkness! Fantastic idea.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

That's grim setting with a perfect perspective !

Thanks guys. I'm not sure what else to do with it and I'm not home until Friday evening. I thought about labeling but this is how I expect the players to see it when they enter. I wanted what they would be walking into and this is certainly going to be the first time they see this mysterious thing they only have an inkling about and while they will have pieced together instructions it's going to be some figuring out how to follow what they know and make this thing die.

Jax looked around the chamber watching the pulsating crystalline figures. "Guardians", he thought. Five of them if the shattered remains on the cavern floor counted.

Anyone else wondered if the number of pylons have anything to do with the number of "Guardians"? I would if I where you.

I got in a bit earlier than planned so I made some "improvements". For one, FIRE! because why not? Actually, I was already having this effect the planet because of the energy draw and it only makes sense the planet would try to do something about it like swallow it up with molten lava or something.

### Latest WIP ###
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 11-30-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12